• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Visual Basic question - data fails XML parsing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a decent contractor in to sort it all out.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Get a decent contractor in to sort it all out.

Good idea. Do you know one?

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
        Good idea. Do you know one?
        Not on your rate, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
          That's an avenue I'm exploring via a REPLACE, but it's up to the client.

I believe this is what it's doing. I'm not a SQL Server expert, but I think the character set is "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" - at least that's what I get when I run the command

SELECT DATABASEPROPERTYEX('DBName', 'Collation') DatabaseCollation;

Is that a character set?
          It is, but collation can be specified down to column level. FWIW SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS:- Latin1-General, case-insensitive,
          accent-sensitive, kanatype-insensitive, width-insensitive for Unicode
          Data, SQL Server Sort Order 52 on Code Page 1252 for non-Unicode Data

XML in SQL Server? go use MongoDB, Postgress, nosql and leave us dbas alone

Comment

Thankfully, the client has agreed to replacing the dodgy characters with valid ones. Even I can manage to code that!

Comment

Can't you set the writer to encode in utf16?

Comment

Working...
              X