• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CMS Recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMS Recommendation

Hey all,

I'm looking for a recommendation for an open source or paid for CMS. The main requirement is that I have access to the code and can enhance it.

It has to be written .net and would be great if it worked well with resource files for languages. Or had some kind of 3rd party integration that would allow easy management of resource files.

The end result that I want to achieve is a CMS that would allow a designer to be able to create templates/layouts in and then drop on components/widgets created by a developer. It would be great if a translator could then pick up that page and update the associated resource files.

I'm still evaluating Orchard, Umbraco and Python.net but if anyone has done something similar would be great if you could recommend a product. Or if you want to warn me off a CMS let me know.

Cheers

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I know those words, I also know that I can't think of a .net CMS system that I actually like....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Good story bro.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          I know those words, I also know that I can't think of a .net CMS system that I actually like....
          How about steer clear of... or this is the least bad?

Comment

My problem is that I can't actually think of any that are that good... Most still use web forms instead of MVC....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              My problem is that I can't actually think of any that are that good... Most still use web forms instead of MVC....
              I understand Python.net and Orchard seem to use MVC - guess I'm just going to have to put in the work to evaluate them.

Comment

Umbraco is sh1t

How did it go?

I'm in a similar situation and my team have been 'evaluating' Umbraco for a few weeks now. More like to get the darn thing to work but have reached a point where it seems to be more grief than just to do without a CMS.

Comment

Orchard is supported by the .NET Foundation, which is part of Microsoft. It's is Open Source and built on MVC.

So that's a good one to start with in your evaluation.

Comment

I've worked with Umbraco for years, can recommend it but it does put a constraint on MVC eg cant post a form back to the same controller.

GE

Comment

Working...
                    X