• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excel Date Help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excel Date Help

I have a series of rows, first column should be Month/Year, however it always translates to day/month/year in any calculations.

I would like the date to be calculates based on one month after the cell above, I could use
    Code:
    today()+31
    but obviously that wont work on every month, is there a simple way around this?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Excel Date Help

Change the format of the column to custom and set it to mm/yyyy. That will sort out the date bit, then just add a month on.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Not entirely sure I follow, but if you only want months, why not start in the middle of the month and increment by 365/12?

Comment

Scrap that

this works
        Code:
        =DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+1,DAY(A2))

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Excel Date Help

That works, unless the previous month has more days than the current one, in which case you really need the day to always be e.g. 1.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            That works, unless the previous month has more days than the current one, in which case you really need the day to always be e.g. 1.
            The date is always the first of the month, I tried the custom MMM/YY, and although this changed the visable contents of the cell to Jul/16, it still calculated it as 01/07/2016

Comment

Code:
              = EOMONTH(A2,0) + 1
              That should do it.

Comment

Working...
              X