• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Secure hosting requirements, patient data

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Some Gov depts will accept European located kit as per the Azure model. The Skyscape offering was so bad they've had to look further afield. A ton of hoops to jump through for non UK based though I'd expect.
    I think the reason azure is getting so much attention is they're in the process of building UK datacentres, but you'll find quite a few digital departments are using AWS.

The trick is you constantly have to challenge the not in the UK requirments; if everything on your cloud host is encrypted, you might just get away with it.

Sadly, if you're a developer and hosting is dropped onto your lap, you're probably not well positioned to argue the case.

Comment

Originally posted by fool View Post
      I think the reason azure is getting so much attention is they're in the process of building UK datacentres, but you'll find quite a few digital departments are using AWS.
      Doesn't really matter. They've been through a while host of checks and passed and I'm sure they'd not approve on the basis something is being built in the future.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X