• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parallels Desktop - Copy paste & file sharing not working between OS X & W10

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parallels Desktop - Copy paste & file sharing not working between OS X & W10

I never had this problem when I was running Windows 10 Preview, then everything was smooth, I could see all Mac folders from W and had default access to C drive from OS X.
    Copy / paste worked beautifully either way.

Now I am running a Windows 10 Pro which I downloaded as an ISO from Microsoft and nothing works.

Yes I've enabled all sharing settings in Parallels to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution?

I'm starting to lean towards that the proper Windows is stricter with sharing than the Preview was.

Thanks for the nod, I think I'll stick with 8.1 until I'm forced to move to 10.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I debated between a Parallels and Fusion and chose the latter and have been running Windows 10 since preview. Upgraded from preview to RTM and has been fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Einstein Jnr View Post
        I debated between a Parallels and Fusion and chose the latter and have been running Windows 10 since preview. Upgraded from preview to RTM and has been fine.
        Out of interest, what made you choose Fusion over Parallels Desktop?

Comment

It was my first Mac which I got a couple of years ago and wanted Windows side by side OSX to transition slowly. But for the last two years I seem to be stuck running both all the time switching between them throughout the day depending on what I am doing. I have modelled my working system around this eg all doc are on one drive and can open on either to edit, photo edits happen in Lightroom on Mac, work type stuff happens on Windows etc. It's a bit of a mess, but it works for me.

Comment

I'm like you I'm afraid - I can't get rid of Windows for Visio and Enterprise Architect work.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
            X