• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virgin Media router

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to chase and chase to get my free Meraki router, but it works great. Had endless problems with the VM Superhub kicking me off if anyone else connected - no such issues with the new router.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I had to chase and chase to get my free Meraki router, but it works great. Had endless problems with the VM Superhub kicking me off if anyone else connected - no such issues with the new router.
      What is the range like?

Just on the webinar and looks very good, whether its worth the premium if on "poorer" hardware I'm not sure until I have a play
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        What is the range like?

Just on the webinar and looks very good, whether its worth the premium if on "poorer" hardware I'm not sure until I have a play
        Better than the standard Virgin one was - I get connectivity in bits of the house that I couldn't before.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Better than the standard Virgin one was - I get connectivity in bits of the house that I couldn't before.
          The AP won't do much for me, but interested in the MX range, site-to-site VPN wit the house in Spain would relieve a headache when trying to use the likes of iPlayer etc

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            The AP won't do much for me, but interested in the MX range, site-to-site VPN wit the house in Spain would relieve a headache when trying to use the likes of iPlayer etc
            Try ExpressVPN, I used that in Russia, watching Coronation Street live on on the MacBook, HDMI to the telly in the hotel room - flawless.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Try ExpressVPN, I used that in Russia, watching Coronation Street live on on the MacBook, HDMI to the telly in the hotel room - flawless.
              I have OSX Server VPN at the moment, which wors fine on my MacBook and iPhone (surprisingly not my iPad though), but I want Site-to-site, we have a smart TV with all the iPlayer apps etc. also at the router level means any device attached to it will work through the VPN automatically

Comment

Long time lurker, first time poster. Actually used the info from the community to successfully transition to contracting three months ago. Anyway, I attended the Tuesday Meraki cloud session to get the free router. There is some dude who needs to be called after the session to confirm some details - I have tried calling several times and it goes to an automated message. If I select sales I get an automated message that sales are not available - I have tried for the past two days - they took my time, I want a router in return

Comment

Originally posted by Einstein Jnr View Post
                  Long time lurker, first time poster. Actually used the info from the community to successfully transition to contracting three months ago. Anyway, I attended the Tuesday Meraki cloud session to get the free router. There is some dude who needs to be called after the session to confirm some details - I have tried calling several times and it goes to an automated message. If I select sales I get an automated message that sales are not available - I have tried for the past two days - they took my time, I want a router in return
                  Guess it depends on where you are in the country - I had an email asking if the local guy could be of any help, so I said no thanks and he sent me a router the same day.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Einstein Jnr View Post
                    When I booked the webinar I got a contact from Meraki, who I then spoke to directly after the call, I got a real sales call lined up which I think is happening tomorrow as I am actually interested in buying something

Comment

Finally managed to get through to an over enthusiastic sales rep who has now posted it out. Can't wait to ditch the VM router. I have the old super hub and they upped my speed from 30MB to 50MB but only seem to get that when wired. Hopefully this AP will sort it out. Have been looking at the Asus ones for a while but didn't want to spend the cash. Now I sit and wait for the postman

Comment

Working...
                      X