• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can't log in to HMRC online any more

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't log in to HMRC online any more

I log in as normal but then get taken to a page asking me "Sign in with your Government Gateway account".

This is the first I've heard of any such changes - what's the deal?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Don't know. I tried to login this morning. I get redirected to what I guess is a new login screen. Then it says "service not available".

Can only assume all the UK staff are on hols or pissed after the pub, and it's just the Bobs in charge today.

Tax doesn't have to be taxing. Useless incompetents.

Comment

And these "people" are to be given power to access bank accounts....

Comment

Must have been a glitch or scheduled downtime, back to normal now.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Can't log in at the moment. I've been able to for years with the same credentials, but today according to the site they are wrong.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Can't log in at the moment. I've been able to for years with the same credentials, but today according to the site they are wrong.
            I have had varying error messages from using the usual HMRC logon page. One of them was asking what my income was according to my P60 for FY14-15 and it then refused to accept what was on the form. I managed to get through but it warned me that although I can do my tax return I won't be able to do other things on the site

I think all government departments are moving to gov.uk but the process is long and reliably broken

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
              I have had varying error messages from using the usual HMRC logon page. One of them was asking what my income was according to my P60 for FY14-15 and it then refused to accept what was on the form. I managed to get through but it warned me that although I can do my tax return I won't be able to do other things on the site

I think all government departments are moving to gov.uk but the process is long and reliably broken
              I did the "I forgot me login" and answered all the data protection questions accurately. It said it couldn't ID me, it's like I no longer exist?
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

You don't
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  You don't
                  If only

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Somebody stolen your account and paid taxes for you!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X