• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you got standard jack?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    MicroUSB might not be the best but it's still a standard until the industry collectively switches to something nicer.

But micro usb is not a standard. It's used by some, but not by many others. And even those that have been using it are moving away from it - such as the Nexus.

So, it's not a standard and it's not the best and the parts of the industry that are choosing it are only doing so because they don't want to standardise on something that is better.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      But micro usb is not a standard.
      Yes it is. It's the most common, and it's not encumbered by patents.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The "charging socket" on an iphone is also a data port, and USB just isn't fast enough for a lot of stuff that an iphone does, for example HDMI, and yes, I do play HDMI movies from my iphone.

Comment

The 19th Century plug that's still being used - BBC News

Comment

People bitch and moan when Apple change things, but 9 times out of 10 the rest follow once they realise that its not a bad idea after all!

Main headphones are Bluetooth so not really a problem for me, although my walkaround pair will need to be replaced.
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              People bitch and moan when Apple change things, but 9 times out of 10 the rest follow once they realise that its not a bad idea after all!

Main headphones are Bluetooth so not really a problem for me, although my walkaround pair will need to be replaced.
              Not seen anyone else with a lightning connector yet.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Not seen anyone else with a lightning connector yet.
                Early days, but USB-C is very similar, especially in the "which ever way round" connecting, also how many phones now have no expandable storage and soldered in batteries?
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Early days, but USB-C is very similar, especially in the "which ever way round" connecting, also how many phones now have no expandable storage and soldered in batteries?
                  Think that's more of a general a) customer feedback response and b) profiteering racket than everyone going "ooh, Apple have nailed it with that tech innovation."
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I am sure they will replace the UK 3-pin plug soon....

Comment

FTFY

People bitch and moan when Apple change things, but 9 times out of 10, we just roll over and take it, as we are, totally, Apple fan boys, after all!

Main headphones are Bluetooth so not really a problem for me, although my walkaround pair will need to be replaced, but, I truly don't mind, whatever it costs, because Apple are totally cool.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X