• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SIM only - Giff gaff or TPO

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIM only - Giff gaff or TPO

Ok, I've had it with Vodafone. Got my PAC code and I'm now searching around for a good SIM only deal.

Giffgaff - 4G, 1000 mins, 4GB - £15.
    TPO - 3G, unl mins, 4GB - £15.

There's no 4G coverage where I live, but there is where I work.

I would never use 1000 mins, so it's the same as unlimited, effectively.

I'd never heard of TPO before, but I like the principal that they're trying to be ethical and that the give 10% of your bill to your chosen charity.

I will need to buy a new phone fairly sharpish as mine is on the way out, but I think I'm better off buying that outright and sticking with a SIM only contract.

Any better deals out there for similar SIM usage?

GiffGaff are good but don't do business tariffs. I have them for the families Sim deals but my phone is with Voda

Comment

I pay about £7pm to Tesco. Can't even remember how much it's for, but it's enough. I used to be on PAYG but got pissed off with the having to top it up.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Was with GiffGaff o their £10 goody bag deal, and they are great as long as it works. But, customer support is pretty much non-existant. You end up relying on their forums for other people to answer tech issues if anything stops working.

Now moved to Virgin for a comparable deal. Not had any issues so far.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Why not EE ?

I like 'em !

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            Why not EE ?

I like 'em !
            Virgin use the EE network but are cheaper
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Virgin use the EE network but are cheaper
              I think TPO use the EE network, too.

Comment

Could be an interesting thread, after too many years of being on contract I reckon I must have paid enough to have bought a new Jag. So my contract is up Jan 5, and I am going SIM only. I * NEED * to keep my number (which I suppose wont be an issue) 15 years of contracting means I cant afford to lose it.

So which do we go for. I am presently with EE. My wife went SIM only with them earlier in the year, but technology is wasted on her and she got some bog standard SIM deal which I wouldnt look at. Virgin is one I never thought of TBH, I may just check them out.

Comment

Been on GG for 3 years or so. Voice service is fine. Coverage for 3G seems poorer than O2, even though GG uses the O2 network. I suspect that O2 subscribers are prioritized over GG users.

Fella in the office is on O2, always seems to have much better data than me.

Comment

GiffGaff use O2, TPO use EE. Check the coverage map for both those networks and see which works best for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X