• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amazon website search stalls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon website search stalls

I'm quite frequently finding that when searching for something on Amazon, I get a spinny "loading" icon - an orange circle - that seemingly goes on forever. Half the time my searches are instant, the other half, it stalls and I have to reload the page.

My connection is fast so I wondered if the search is making an AJAX request which is not being accepted or something... I can't find other people reporting the same issue so wondered if it could be my connection somehow.

Anyone got any suggestions how to figure out what's going on?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I have encountered exactly the same thing lately, on various networks including both wifi and cellular. Seems to be mitigated if you filter by a category/department......Still, bit annoying
    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
      I have encountered exactly the same thing lately, on various networks including both wifi and cellular. Seems to be mitigated if you filter by a category/department......Still, bit annoying
      Yep, had this. Change the category and fine, change back to search all and stalls. Then resolves itself.

Comment

OK, if it's on their side I'm happy it's their problem and not something I need to fix at least.

And thanks for the by-department tip.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X