• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fibre at home - Sky do but now BT won't?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Fibre To The Pole?
    Premises

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Why? 80Mb is already ten times more than is necessary for HDTV. Making it a hundred times more than is necessary isn't going to drive take up of anything.

G.Fast may be the next big thing promising up to 500Mb over the same FTTC system we have now. They're also talking about bringing fibre closer to houses and installing some equipment under the street serving several houses, though one of the issues is power. Seeing as digging up everybody's garden would cost an absolute fortune it seems to me money is much better spent finding better ways to use the existing copper cables.

The future's bright. Except in Wales. Probably.
      Ive never seen buffer free hdtv over the net at 8mb. Have you? In any event, when you have a houseful playing games on consoles, downloading music and other stuff all at the same time, I dont want to see a deterioration thanks but each to their own.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        Ive never seen buffer free hdtv over the net at 8mb. Have you? In any event, when you have a houseful playing games on consoles, downloading music and other stuff all at the same time, I dont want to see a deterioration thanks but each to their own.
        I love the way you write that as if it is something you have always had and it would be a shock for it to be anything else...

when in reality 3 years ago you were over the moon with 2mb...

Comment

Working...
        X