• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PC not recognizing CD & DVD drives

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly a completely different problem, but had something similar with my laptop at the weekend. My resolution was to delete the driver then restart. XP then reinstalled the driver...then Bob's yer Uncle, Fanny's yer aunt...it worked a treat.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
      Possibly a completely different problem, but had something similar with my laptop at the weekend. My resolution was to delete the driver then restart. XP then reinstalled the driver...then Bob's yer Uncle, Fanny's yer aunt...it worked a treat.
      Windows.... if it doesn't work, just delete it.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
        Windows.... if it doesn't work, just delete it.
        format c: ?
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Mrs Goof!

I believe your nylon knickers may have caused static electricity to blow both drives! Remove them immediatly and get your butler to buy new ones (Cotton)
          Next time please use anti static procedures

Comment

Jesus! That makes it not play CDs?
            Oh No! The CD's that are not being detected will stop playing!

Windows dectects the CD's after this has been done. Worked for me twice
            Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by wc2
              I've dealt with this problem before.

From the registry Local Machine - System - CurrentControlSet - Control - Class - 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE103184/5 - Delete Upperflilters & Lowerfilters

Reboot

You might want to backup this part of the reg before removing the filters.

WC2 this worked, you're a star! I only had a lower filter, removed it and both drives are now detected. What a weird problem, i wonder why that happened?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Comment

Jesus! That makes it not play CDs?
                Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Working...
                X