• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office 2016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office 2016

Released "properly" today, I have it though my MSDN account (thank you Ex-Ex-ClientCo), but it seems again very heavily pitched to the online Office 365 integration.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Does anyone still use/care about MS Office?

New features in the Windows release include the ability to create, open, edit, and save files in the cloud straight from the desktop, a new search tool for commands available in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook named "Tell Me", and co-authoring in real time with users connected to Office Online

The user interface design of Office 2016 is relatively unchanged from its predecessor, Office 2013.
    Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Wow!
      What does the mighty crustacean use?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Have they fixed that ribbon problem yet?

I am still on Office 2003 and it's great, considerably improvement on Office 97

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Have they fixed that ribbon problem yet?

I am still on Office 2003 and it's great, considerably improvement on Office 97
          Office 4.3 Std. on it's 26 floppies or Pro. (with Access!!) on 32?

Number of times I've had to that, bit behind this clientco....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Nope.

The move to distributing documents in PDF has relieved many of the burden of needing Office for document exchange.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              What does the mighty crustacean use?
              MS Office 2007. And I sure won't be upgrading, would switch to a free solution if the need arises.

Comment

Meh! Nothing new here, quite happy with WordStar for day-to-day.....and VisiCalc still runs sweet

latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

How much is an MSDN licence anyway? Much as I don't want anything MS I need Visio and it's not fecking cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Much as I don't want anything MS I need Visio and it's not fecking cheap.
                    Had a look at MSO-2016 yesterday; Based on how I use it, I can't see anything which improves on what I have already in MSO-2013, and as for Visio...zilch changes as far as I could make out.
                    The only immediate difference I could see was that 'colour' is back as an option (blue header for Word, green for Excel), but dark grey and white remain, and maybe some subtle changes to Outlook, none of which made me feel I needed to upgrade/shell-out courtesy of My Co. Underwhelmed, much like I was with Win 10 tbh.
                    Clarity is everything

Comment

Working...
                    X