• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working from Home - Phone Set-up Recommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working from Home - Phone Set-up Recommendations?

Duplicating from General

I work from home most days and having trouble with mobile signal since moving home. Finally sorting out my landline connection I thought I'll get a decent handset/headphone combo to ensure that I never had to worry about people telling me they can't hear me.

I brought Gigaset c620a which is a very nice handset but trouble is that the earphone volume is too low even at its highest setting - so I'll need to return this, any recommendations from anyone on a decent DECT phone (and headphone) - I don't want to buy another one just to send it back.

I've had my share of issues with Skype so any thoughts on VoIP alternatives also welcome.

Originally posted by Nirajn123 View Post
    Duplicating from General

I work from home most days and having trouble with mobile signal since moving home. Finally sorting out my landline connection I thought I'll get a decent handset/headphone combo to ensure that I never had to worry about people telling me they can't hear me.

I brought Gigaset c620a which is a very nice handset but trouble is that the earphone volume is too low even at its highest setting - so I'll need to return this, any recommendations from anyone on a decent DECT phone (and headphone) - I don't want to buy another one just to send it back.

I've had my share of issues with Skype so any thoughts on VoIP alternatives also welcome.

From the other thread:
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Well, the solution is to get a better signal in the office as a start. VoIP will be similar to Skype if you're running it over the electric.
    Buy a run of RJ-45 and then stick an old router in your office. Reconfigure it to be a repeater.
    With better network connections, you'll have a better signal for VoIP.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I use a Plantronics C70 but check compatibility with your DECT phone.

It's been ace ... lasted years with the occasional battery replacement

Comment

I use the Bria VOIP application (available for Windows and OS X and Android - don't know about IOS) with multiple VOIP accounts, including my "landline" business number.

On my laptop, with Bria, I use the excellent Plantronics Blackwire C720 which is USB and bluetooth.

On my Android phone, with Bria, I use the built in mic/headphones, the same Plantronics headset, or a basic neck bluetooth headset.

I forward POTS numbers to VOIP as required.
        DORMANT ACCOUNT

Comment

Working...
        X