• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transferring website away from Vistaprint

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mate has no techiness whatsoever. (Its my wifes friend - shes got a business doing beauty treatments etc).

It seems if you pay for vistaprint they sell you the domain but then register it in their name. Then they sell you the hosting and they're own design thingy.

£11 to transfer domain out but I think its highly unlikely shes going to be taking any content with her.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

We recently did a site for a client in the Beauty Salon business. If you wanted one designing please drop me a PM

Comment

I assume it's just HTML, CSS, maybe some JS, and images? If so, you should be able to suck the whole site down with wget. This chap explains it quite well: Make Offline Mirror of a Site using `wget` | Guy Rutenberg

Comment

If you care to share the uri for the site, we will be able to advise on how transferable the content is. (Or PM someone you trust that has responded, if you do not want to share the uri publically.)
          DORMANT ACCOUNT

Comment

Working...
          X