• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone use TV for internet purchases?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone use TV for internet purchases?

Brought a new internet enabled Sony TV and checked out my site on it.

My site was ok but when I clicked "Buy now with Paypal" the Paypal page came up with the entire payment form selected then after a few seconds it went to another blank Paypal page. Apparently Sony TVs use Opera but there's no problem with Paypal/Opera on my PC and can't find similar problems mentioned on net.

Just wondering if anyone uses their TV for purchases and had this problem. Cheers.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Brought a new internet enabled Sony TV and checked out my site on it.

My site was ok but when I clicked "Buy now with Paypal" the Paypal page came up with the entire payment form selected then after a few seconds it went to another blank Paypal page. Apparently Sony TVs use Opera but there's no problem with Paypal/Opera on my PC and can't find similar problems mentioned on net.

Just wondering if anyone uses their TV for purchases and had this problem. Cheers.
    Does Paypal need flash/java etc that could be causing the problem?

Try another site with a "Buy now with Paypal" to see if the problem is with your site or PP in general from the TV
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

But if it gets to the Paypal page ok not sure how the problem could be anything to do with my site. Have left Paypal page as standard apart from setting the logo and back/cancel links. Javascript is enabled.

Will try another Paypal page though. Why didn't I think of that? Doh! Cheers.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 9 July 2015, 15:39.
      bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Surfing the web on a TV is like eating flour.

Comment

Opera were ditching their own rendering engine and jumping on the Webkit/Chromium bandwagon, so I wonder if what you have on your TV is based on the old system and what you have on the PC is the new one?

Or perhaps it's as stupid as Paypal looking at the browser string and thinking "WTF is a TV?" and redirecting you to a site compatible with Netscape Navigator 1.0.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Cheers. Can't imagine most would bother with the hastle when they have a PC with keyboard. But one could make same point about purchasing on tablets and phones I suppose.

PS That reminds me, must check out my site on my old Psion 5.
            bloggoth

Comment

Working...
            X