• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More linux lies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    That's true of any multi vendor blame fight....
    Yes but if it's say an Oracle T4 SPARC running Solaris 11 with Oracle fibre HBA (albeit rebadged) in it connected to an Oracle 7120 array with Oracle 11 DB on top, it's Oracle's problem. One vendor, no blame war...

Costs of course!

Comment

Google, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon etc etc all use Linux to run their main operations, but boo thinks its crap

I wonder who's right?

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
        Google, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon etc etc all use Linux to run their main operations, but boo thinks its crap

I wonder who's right?
        Google run Linux on a massive HPC grid AIUI, which is fine, a node dies, there's another, but not all requirements are the same, BT Spine was almost 100% Solaris on SPARC when I was there 2006 on, latterly they used Linux for some reverse proxies I think - I went back in 2009 - all gone. We can all quote examples for and against.

By Linux do you mean the proper kernel definition or the multitude of distros like Slitaz, Bharat, Siduction, HandyLinux, Qimo for Kids and Russian Fedora Remix?

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post

I wonder who's right?
          Linux is sh1t. So that would be me who's right then.

Boo
          Last edited by Boo; 29 May 2015, 19:05.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            I think we'd all like to welcome Mr Ballmer to the forum.

Comment

Working...
            X