• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A shared photo album for non-techies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your skills lie in the LAMP area then it is quite easy to set up a Pi or other home server to share pictures. Also retains your picture ownership and privacy.

If you want the ability for others to upload, Owncloud can be installed. It runs okay (a little bit slowly) on a Pi 2.

Comment

Facebook, Google+.. No reason to host them anywhere else IMO

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
        I can bet my 50 shares of FB that it will be around for a lot longer than you think and with all the money that they still have, the get the best engineers, your photos are pretty well backed up.
        I suppose you can upload them to a competing website like Flickr or Google+/Picasa/Drive and be done with it.
        You misunderstood me. I meant that the FB group we created is not likely to last a long time. Not FB itself.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          You misunderstood me. I meant that the FB group we created is not likely to last a long time. Not FB itself.
          Why not knock up a website yourself, plenty of wordpress + gallery combos out there, easy enough to protect it with a password too
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
          X