• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PS4 And Dolby 7.1 gaming headphones

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS4 And Dolby 7.1 gaming headphones

Any of you geeks give me your opinion on this. I don't play it but my lad is wanting to buy some rather expensive wired headphones to replace the two cheaper sets he's broken in the last 12 months. That fact aside he's going for some 7.1 surround things but i thought the PS4 was only Dolby 5.1? I read something about emulated 7.1 but wonder if it's worth buying expensive 7.1 cans for emulated 7.1?

I haven't looked in it much but am guessing most gaming headphones don't double up as phone headphones either or am I wrong there?

How much did you spend on your lower teens gaming cans?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

No one got kids with gaming headphones or anything?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      No one got kids with gaming headphones or anything?
      No.

I have me, and I have a gaming headset. But what with belonging to the glorious PC master-race and all I haven't got a clue on PS4 headsets.

EDIT: To try to be a little more helpful that that was... Price wise there is no real difference between what device your headset is for. I paid nearly £100 for a 5.1 set a few years ago, which I still use.
      Generally gaming doesn't need 7.1 due to games themselves not supporting 7.1

Can it be used as a phone heeadset? Depends on the connector of course. I have no clue what the PS4 connector looks like, or whether it can be shoved through an adaptor into a 3.5 mm jack. If it can, then it can be used.
      Last edited by Ticktock; 29 April 2015, 15:37.

Comment

I have a set of these which were initially for PS3, but work just fine with PS4.
        Very nice set, great sound and all that...pretty sure they have been superseded by newer models, but....
        latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Working...
        X