• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best SSD for early 2011 MBP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I tempted fate.

Hard drive failure last night.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Looks like I tempted fate.

Hard drive failure last night.

FWIW, I've found Crucial to be very fast in delivering - I once ordered some RAM off their website at about half four in the afternoon, and it arrived in the post the next morning.

Comment

I'm using eldest mbp in the mean time.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Yes it does.
          Not if performed by Apple Certified Technicians. Also not under the Magnuson Moss act though I believe this is yet to be tested.
          The part is obviously not covered, nor is any damage you do whilst installing it, or if the part is defectsive and causes damage with the rest of the device. But simply replacing it, no.

I used Crucial M4 also.

Comment

By the way, after fitting the M4 myself, I took the laptop to the US with me on holiday, where the display went wonky, and the apple store replaced one of the logic boards under warranty and said nothing about the SSD. So although this is anecdotal as far as you're concerned, it works for me.

Comment

Working...
            X