• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to choose a best antivirus for my pc?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ClamXav is a good free, open-source-based AV for the Mac. Mind you, I don't leave it running all the time - there's really no need.

Every time I think "I suppose I ought to run a scan, just to be on the safe side" I have to Google its name. It's quicker than looking through my Applications folder until I recognise it

Comment

Sophos is free for the Mac too.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Sophos is free for the Mac too.
        That one managed to fill my system disk.

I think it found some rather large tar.gz files and tried to expand them.

Oops
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

So does anybody other than me still use AVG?

Comment

I tried AVG but the free one doesn't have web protection, ended up with Avast. Got it on mac & phone now too. Worth having as it busted Vuze trying to install some spyware bar on the mac.

Comment

I recommend you the Avast for the free antivirus, and the kaspersky for the paid antivirus.

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
                So does anybody other than me still use AVG?

Comment

I have not used an antivirus software in 10 yrs.

Maybe I am boring and don't visit dodgy websites.

I use a Mac ....... and also use Virtual machine for my downloads

Comment

Or maybe the crown princess latifa 3rd is using your PC to spam the rest of us, how would you know if you don't ever check it.

Comment

Is AVAST still the go to AV for Windows?

Moved my virtual machine to new hardware and all of a sudden its running dog slow and Avast seems to be the cause
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X