• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best time to buy a laptop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
    I'm going to need a new laptop pretty soon and the last few years I've not been sure when the best time to buy is.

Traditionally, in the good old days, January sales were seen as the best time to buy something like this but in recent years online sales have been very good in the run up to Christmas so I'm never quite sure whether to dive in before or after.
    Hmmm, as with most consumer goods, Im not sure there is a best time to buy. If saving money is the objective, you need to go in search of the 'end of run' or 'last few of' model that's about to be superseded by a better version.

That often means maybe buying a make other than youd normally want plus, be happy with something that satisfies most of your needs but may not be the very latest whiz bang model and then be prepared to be stubborn.

Many places wont give you their best discount unless you ask 3 or 4 times as they know many people are almost embarassed to ask (son works in high end jewellers and they dont talk discounts unless the customer asks 3 times!).
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
    X