• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best place to source a cheap PC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place to source a cheap PC

My old man's laptop has packed in and so he needs the following;

Windows based
    Ability to print
    email, tinterweb etc

Tablet isn't really suitable due to clumsy fingers so either a laptop or some desktop(preferable). I've got a monitor/keyboard/mouse etc.

Where's the best place to source something reliable. Don't need hi spec.

TIA

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    My old man's laptop has packed in and so he needs the following;

Windows based
    Ability to print
    email, tinterweb etc

Tablet isn't really suitable due to clumsy fingers so either a laptop or some desktop(preferable). I've got a monitor/keyboard/mouse etc.

Where's the best place to source something reliable. Don't need hi spec.

TIA
    You don't say which Windows version, do you want to keep the same as he already had? That'll determine the spec.

If you're happy with used kit then I'd look at ex-corporate refurb. Dell/HP business models from yesteryear. Typically £100-£200 for a core 2 duo 3GHz with warranty of some description. Find an outfit that does this operating clearly as a business though, e.g. with premises, ideally local.

Comment

Dell Outlet - Refurbished Laptops, Desktops & Servers | Dell UK

You can often get some bargains.

Although it looks like they've revamped the website - it used to be a nice straightforward list of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Dell Outlet - Refurbished Laptops, Desktops & Servers | Dell UK

You can often get some bargains.

Although it looks like they've revamped the website - it used to be a nice straightforward list of stuff.
        I hate it when sites that are simple are "upgraded" and are actually downgraded to become more complex.

Comment

How cheap do you want? Used £40 with 12 month RTB It is Vista tho

FAST DELL OPTIPLEX USFF COMPUTER DESKTOP PC INTEL DUAL CORE 2GB DDR2 + 80GB HDD | eBay

Comment

Cheers all

Comment

Working...
            X