• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PHP Sessions (again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PHP Sessions (again)

Been monitoring my PHP shopping cart visits for some time and am getting fairly regular orders that indicate it is working for most as it does for me and others who have tried it. I understand not all visitors will complete and that bots/crawlers do weird things and can safely be ignored but there are still some other visits that don't seem quite right.

1) Just odd one or two where the same add to cart has been done by same visitor but no purchase.

2) Fair number that show same IP address but more than one session ID. Most seem to be too close in time (1 or 2 seconds) for a visitor to have clicked a link after opening a page, do some organisations and ordinary broadband suppliers like Tiscali etc do crawls too?

3) Some have no session ID and/or no IP address.

I am using session start at head of every PHP file with no odd chars previous, all PHP files are at one level and all references are relative, which in PHP 5.3.28, should allow transparent session passing anyway.

I do have a few simple pages that are HTML on a different directory level, could that be a problem in messing up session? Or any other brill CUK ideas/suggestions? ta.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

No IP address is a bit odd, how are you logging the IP ? Should be from the $_SERVER values

Comment

Cheers for reply . Yes, doing that: $ip=$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];

Maybe some bots etc can hide it somehow.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
      X