• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Birmingham Drinks Tuesday 29th February 2011

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a night out in Brum - ok a monday but god it was tulip - city is on a par with Sheffield as Dumpsville UK and all pubs were crap. One guy danced in front of us like he didn't know what day it was - it was Monday and 19:30 ffs...

And another pisshead when we walked past the O2 Academy insisted it was Tuesday, not cos we asked, more cos he was on drugs and out of it.

I live in Leeds and have no particular affection for Leeds, but it's eons better than Brum.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      I live in Leeds and have no particular affection for Leeds, but it's eons better than Brum.

I went to Leeds once, could not wait to get out

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Just had a night out in Brum - ok a monday but god it was tulip - city is on a par with Sheffield as Dumpsville UK and all pubs were crap. One guy danced in front of us like he didn't know what day it was - it was Monday and 19:30 ffs...

And another pisshead when we walked past the O2 Academy insisted it was Tuesday, not cos we asked, more cos he was on drugs and out of it.

I've worked in Leeds and frankly I'd take Sheffield every time. The place has had a shedload of regeneration cash thrown at it and it shows.

Went out there weekend before last and got lost looking for the restaurant we booked. Had no problems asking for directions and didn't feel at all uncomfortable walking about the center after dark.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          I've worked in Leeds and frankly I'd take Sheffield every time. The place has had a shedload of regeneration cash thrown at it and it shows.

Went out there weekend before last and got lost looking for the restaurant we booked. Had no problems asking for directions and didn't feel at all uncomfortable walking about the center after dark.
          I'd take Leeds over Sheffield. You get a better class of hooker in Leeds.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Living there, I would have to agree with the general consensus that it is a sh!t hole, but i've been to worse - current clientco town is a much bigger sh!t hole.

Comment

On for tomorrow then?

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
                On for tomorrow then?
                Sorry just seen it ...

Maybe we need to do another proper drinks in Birmingham...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Sorry just seen it ...

Maybe we need to do another proper drinks in Birmingham...
                  Just seen your reply...yep i'm up for a few beers in Brum, it will be easier if in the next two weeks as my new conract starts after this.

On a side note, i was actually standing a few feet away from you last week (Friday?) when the fire alarms went off. Was going to say hello but someone started bending my ear.

(We sometimes share/have use of an office with one of the developers on the ground floor as it makes for a good meeting place for clients, rather better than our industrial unit. Although I'm only there once every few weeks).

Comment

Working...
                  X