• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hello, New to the site"

Collapse

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Can you move it to general then please boss lady

I too am a firm believer if radical honesty, which is why I can say its a load of bollocks, people don't like hearing the truth, especially when it's not what they wanted to hear.
    :
    And worse - they won't pay you for it.

Welcome. Hope you get what you need from the site

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I'd like to remind everyone that this is the Welcome part of the site.

I recognise that all previous posts were actually helpful, this is just a reminder.
    Can you move it to general then please boss lady

I too am a firm believer if radical honesty, which is why I can say its a load of bollocks, people don't like hearing the truth, especially when it's not what they wanted to hear.

Anyway welcome

Leave a comment:

• benvalteldu
    replied
    Thanks for the heads up. I am mainly here to learn from other people experience, so hopefully won't tread on any toes.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    And a note to you Ben, don't puff your company up on this site because you'll get found out very easily and the regulars aren't very forgiving.

Apart from that, welcome!

Leave a comment:

• benvalteldu
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback. I will chat with our IT guy and pass along the suggestions.

B

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I'd like to remind everyone that this is the Welcome part of the site.

I recognise that all previous posts were actually helpful, this is just a reminder.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I love this term - 'radically honest'

I hope no one confuses this with Radical honesty

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radical_Honesty

Radical Honesty is a technique and self-improvement program developed by Dr. Brad Blanton.[1] The program asserts that lying is the primary source of modern human stress and that practitioners will become happier by being more honest, even about painful or taboo subjects. Blanton claims this form of honesty can help all human relationships since it "creates an intimacy not possible if you are hiding something for the sake of someone's feelings."[2]
    The Radical Honesty technique includes having practitioners state their feelings bluntly, directly and in ways typically considered impolite.[3] For example, "I'm disgusted with you for X" where X is a statement of objective observation about the person towards whom the comment is being directed. People who practice Radical Honesty employ a collection of techniques to shift them out of acceptable norms of "white lying" for the purpose of having a more truthful relationship with themselves and others.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ical%20Honesty

Radical Honesty

An absurd and possibly dangerous concept/cult where it's believers have a total rationalized license to verbally abuse those they wish to alienate from their lives. It is used selectively by some and wholly by others. If you've read the books or paid hundreds or thousands of dollars for the workshops, then you have even more license to be cruel and you will be taken more seriously by the other Radically Honest Cult Members. There is no place for diplomacy or kindness if you're a believer.
    Wife: "Honey, do I look fat?"
    Husband: "Yes bitch, you look hella fat because you ARE fat!"

Johnny: "Mommy, do like this drawing I lovingly made for you?"
    Mom: "No. It's ugly, I hate it, you need art lessons ASAP, son!"

I'm just giving you some Radical Honesty! F off if you can't dig it! It's just how I roll, yo!
    Last edited by northernladuk; 26 July 2013, 11:16.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    You might also want to develop the .co.uk website so that it redirects to the .com rather than a GoDaddy hosting page.

And if you're going to link to Twitter, you might want to average more than one a month.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Valteldu Limited was set up on 30 Mar 2012 in London. Its current status is listed as "Live"and it currently has 2 directors.

You might want to consider boosting your website presence, since Google doesn't return your site in the first page. Maybe it's because the website doesn't include the relevant contact details required by law, or any company information.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    <cough...>

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Being a consultancy does that mean he doesn't have to lick the chutney spoon and is allowed to not like gladiators?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Welcome to CUK Ben.

I think it safe to say that I will be observing your contribution to this forum with some interest.

Leave a comment:

• benvalteldu
    started a topic Hello, New to the site

Hello, New to the site

Just wanted to say a quick hello and introduce myself.

I work for a UK Consultancy firm called Valteldu as their head of business development. I have strolled through your forum a few times and have found lots of helpful little tips so I thought it was about time I joined up.

Working...
X