• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Good morning. My name's Kevin..."

Collapse

• Kevin
    replied
    Still Lurking...

Hi again,

Still lurking, but as I requested my username and password to be reset, on filling out my profile I did smile inside at one of the profile options (bottom option):

Edit Profile

On the contracting side, I did get my first break - 13 months ago now. I'm still delivering in the same non-financial institution that was initially for a three-month period, and I can safely say that embarking on this journey was well worthwhile for me. I do, however, loathe the M25.

-Kevin

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin View Post
    Good morning. My name's Kevin...
    And what is your name in the afternoons? Helen?

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    I'm based in a rural area of the UK the long commute times wasn't something that was acceptable to my wife. I no longer have that restraint.
    OK, I'm intrigued. Which one had to go, the wife or the house in the country?

Oh and welcome to the forum too.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    The correct answers are:

Yes.
    No.
    In the sideboard, help yourself.
    In the kitchen. but I wouldnt trust the houmus, it's a bit out of date.
    The houmous was fine

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Well if you've been lurking for a while you should be able to answer these.

Gladiators?
    Curtains, Rug, Carpet?
    Booze?
    Food?
    Hi Dave,

When I say 'a while' I guess that's a relative term. I've been looking at the forums since last Sunday.

I did do a search for 'gladiators' here, and that yielded an incredible amount of results given the nature of these forums lol. Alas, I gave up at page 2 of the search results so I'm afraid I'll have to fail the initiation

-Kevin
    The correct answers are:

Yes.
    No.
    In the sideboard, help yourself.
    In the kitchen. but I wouldnt trust the houmus, it's a bit out of date.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Hi Dave,

When I say 'a while' I guess that's a relative term. I've been looking at the forums since last Sunday.

I did do a search for 'gladiators' here, and that yielded an incredible amount of results given the nature of these forums lol. Alas, I gave up at page 2 of the search results so I'm afraid I'll have to fail the initiation

-Kevin
    Have you bled your radiators?

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied
    Hi Dave,

-Kevin

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Hi all,

I've been lurking on these forums for a little while now because I'm wishing to move away from the permie world into contracting. It's something I looked at a few years ago but because I'm based in a rural area of the UK the long commute times wasn't something that was acceptable to my wife. I no longer have that restraint.

I must say that the advice on these forums has been an excellent resource to me and I like all general sense of humour displayed. I think I'm pretty much set now; just awaiting my first break.

Anyway, just thought I'd say 'Hi' and I'm looking forward to being part of the community.

-Kevin
    Well if you've been lurking for a while you should be able to answer these.

Gladiators?
    Curtains, Rug, Carpet?
    Booze?
    Food?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Welcome to CUK Kevin!

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    started a topic Good morning. My name's Kevin...

Good morning. My name's Kevin...

Hi all,

I've been lurking on these forums for a little while now because I'm wishing to move away from the permie world into contracting. It's something I looked at a few years ago but because I'm based in a rural area of the UK the long commute times wasn't something that was acceptable to my wife. I no longer have that restraint.

I must say that the advice on these forums has been an excellent resource to me and I like all general sense of humour displayed. I think I'm pretty much set now; just awaiting my first break.

Anyway, just thought I'd say 'Hi' and I'm looking forward to being part of the community.

-Kevin

Working...
X