• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Returning to contracting IR35"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by davec123 View Post

Thanks Hobnob, really appreciate taking the time to help mate. Stupid question, how do I go by an Umbrella? Is that an agency? If I’m successful for the contract do I need to sort out an umbrella company?
    Work your way down the stickies in the Umbrella forum: https://forums.contractoruk.com/umbrella-companies/

Leave a comment:

• davec123
    replied
    Originally posted by hobnob View Post
    Short answer: you won't use a limited company or be a sole trader. You'll go via an umbrella and pay them to act as your employer. They will then sort out tax/NI and pay the net salary into your personal bank account, just like any other permanent role. You don't need to do a self-assessment tax return, but I recommend keeping an eye on the figures in case you need to claim anything back.
    Thanks Hobnob, really appreciate taking the time to help mate. Stupid question, how do I go by an Umbrella? Is that an agency? If I’m successful for the contract do I need to sort out an umbrella company?

Leave a comment:

• hobnob
    replied
    Short answer: you won't use a limited company or be a sole trader. You'll go via an umbrella and pay them to act as your employer. They will then sort out tax/NI and pay the net salary into your personal bank account, just like any other permanent role. You don't need to do a self-assessment tax return, but I recommend keeping an eye on the figures in case you need to claim anything back.

Leave a comment:

• davec123
    started a topic Returning to contracting IR35

Returning to contracting IR35

Good evening all,
    I’ve been out the contracting work for a few years now and been books in. I’m thinking of returning to contracting and looking for advice from anyone working inside IR35 now.
    1. Do I still need to be a Ltd company or Will sole trader work?
    2. The consultant jobs I’m looking at are around £500-£600 per day and state they are inside IR35. How does this work regarding payment of invoices? Is it taxed at source and then the payment goes into my business bank or personal account? Are tax returns still required if I’m taxed at source?
    pre-IR35 I was operating as a Ltd company with my accountant issuing a payslip for £739 per month (or thereabouts) and the rest came from dividends.
    any help would be very much appreciated. Just trying to weigh up if it’s worth going subbying again. Cheers folks, Dave

Working...
X