• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "MyCo name... who cares? or who dares?"

Collapse

• bluetoaster
    replied
    Feck IT Ltd has gone
    Feck Information Technology Ltd is available though

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    I set my ltd up with a longish descriptive name and used my surname in it as well.
    The descriptive part (should) allow me to work in my two fields of expertise.
    I then abbreviated it for banking purposes via a directors resolution.
    I registered the domain and various shortened versions in advance so I could do the 'trading as' bit later if needed.

I did not decide on the name by committee i.e. getting the family around the table.

I did think of using something obscure like Glark & Glark but that sounded too much like a bunch of solicitors.

FYI glark,glark,glark is the sound Chickens really make if you pay attention
    Yes I do keep Chickens and Ducks, Geese, Sheep, Horses, Dogs and I have even reportedly got some Kids kicking around somewhere as well!

So I have to be a contractor A, to pay for it all, and B, so I can WFH loads to look after them...
    Well that is my excuse and I am sticking to it because I am not lucky enough (or good enough) to be Jetting all around the world like some on here, not jealous!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ContractorHardman View Post
    One man band with a name like Marks and Spencers? Surely there would be 2?
    Must be using his spouse as a tax mule. Dirty tax avoider.

Leave a comment:

• ContractorHardman
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    not forgetting

J.R Sainsburys
    Selfridges
    Marks & Spencers
    T M Lewin

although you probably havent heard of them as they are all one man band companies
    One man band with a name like Marks and Spencers? Surely there would be 2?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Yeah, John Boot didn't think that one through either.
    Or William Henry Smith
    Or John Wardle & David Makin's sports shop - OK, so they only used one initial each, a bit like Richard Block & David Quayle.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I'd better ring John Lewis and tell him then.
    not forgetting

J.R Sainsburys
    Selfridges
    Marks & Spencers
    T M Lewin

although you probably havent heard of them as they are all one man band companies

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I always wondered if Tiger Woods Company is called something like

Tiger Woods Inc

Tag line "Making the putts and banging the sluts"
    Wonder no longer - it's called Tiger Woods Design. There is also the Tiger Woods Foundation which is his charity.

As for "making the putts", I guess you've not watched much of his golf in the four years since that "tag line" was first suggested

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Tiger Woods Inc

Thanks. Here, have another beer.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Why not call your company AmazonMP, StarbucksMP or GoogleMP.

Combine the names of the biggest tax dodgers and HMRC won't touch you.

Leave a comment:

• ContractorHardman
    replied

Tiger Woods Inc

Leave a comment:

• matty
    replied
    thought as much. Although I do like the 'works for lattes' option. There are so many bizarre company names out there anyway can't really imagine it matters, and agreed finding something that the domain is available for seems like the biggest challenge! Random latin-portugese anagram generator here I come!!

(btw, Tulip Ltd is taken, as is Tulip Consulting Ltd. Even TULIP BUSINESS & CONSULTING SERVICES LIMITED. Damn - that's god all the buzz words right there and just rolls off the tongue )

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Damn!
    Its ok when it is coupled with a bingo call

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

I'd also avoid using the word "Solutions" in the name - that implies that you're going to solve something rather than prolong the problem to maximise billing revenue.
    Damn!

Leave a comment:

• Mincepie
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    NLUK, your second and third links come back as timeouts.
    He has let everyone down

Leave a comment:

Working...
X