• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Permie > Contractor"

Collapse

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by DanielSQL View Post
    Lol. Typo of the year.

Leave a comment:

• DanielSQL
    replied
    Lol. Typo of the year.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I cannot believe it has been that long already. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to incest as much time as I would've hoped - This doesn't mean I am relying on the likes of you to fill in all the gaps. Just that I may require a nudge in the right direction.
    You, sir, are one sick puppy. You'll fit in fine here.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I cannot believe it has been that long already. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to incest as much time as I would've hoped - This doesn't mean I am relying on the likes of you to fill in all the gaps. Just that I may require a nudge in the right direction.
    Very unfortunate choice of words, I'm hoping you meant invest

Anyway you have everything you need on here and plenty you don't need, also .
    The first timer guides, links on the right, are a great place to start.

Yes, we might appear harsh at times, however it is mainly driven, at least from my side, to try and stop people from getting into real bother.

The realities of that bother are far harsher than any perceived tulip that anyone on here can come up with.
    My whole family, apart from my mother, are all self employed, so I grew up around the realities.
    HMRC have played most of their games against people in construction industry, for years, my step dad has told me all about them.

Leave a comment:

• DanielSQL
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Appreciate that, but you did sign up almost a year ago .

The info is readily available on here.
    I still find it a concern you don't understand the basic rudiments of IR35, almost a year down the line.

Especially as you could lose vast amounts of money and be bankrupted by it, but maybe that's just me.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    The humble and polity way that Daniel replied to a rude comments and comparing with yours make me sad.

Daniel sign in a year ago but he only has 50 posts and probably he does not had enough time to search properly.
    The objective of this forum is to help people with their doubts, (well, I prefer to believe that) and the feeling that I have from the beginning (and are always the same "smart" guys) in the most of the cases, are making the newbies feeling like stupid, or because they are permies or contractors with low experience or something else. Ignorance it’s not stupidity, it’s lack of knowledge, and the others can't be always so smart like you.
    I do not see anywhere I have been rude, forthright comments I can concur.
    He should make the time to learn, it is his business in his name after all.

How many posts do we see on here, where people have got into life changing trouble, by not being informed?
    Answer - plenty.

Sure, ignorance is not stupidity, however he has been given so much good advice on this thread and additionally there is a wealth of information, readily available, on here.

How do you think a lot of us became informed?
    Answer - we researched everything inside out, I know I did.

Obviously, you don't run a UK LTD, have no idea, or any need, to know anything about IR35 or contracting in the UK and so cannot ever provide any useful or relevant advice.
    All you can do is to try and criticise others, who have to be "harsh" but fair to truly help others out.

I believe the term is "trolling", which isn't allowed in the professional forums.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

I still find it a concern you don't understand the basic rudiments of IR35, almost a year down the line.

Especially as you could lose vast amounts of money and be bankrupted by it, but maybe that's just me.
    The humble and polity way that Daniel replied to a rude comments and comparing with yours make me sad.

Daniel sign in a year ago but he only has 50 posts and probably he does not had enough time to search properly.
    The objective of this forum is to help people with their doubts, (well, I prefer to believe that) and the feeling that I have from the beginning (and are always the same "smart" guys) in the most of the cases, are making the newbies feeling like stupid, or because they are permies or contractors with low experience or something else. Ignorance it’s not stupidity, it’s lack of knowledge, and the others can't be always so smart like you.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    It's alot to take in. I'm still learning so please.... Go easy on me. Unlike some of you I didn't come out of the womb with vast amounts of knowledge.... I jest.

I really do appreciate your responses. Even the "harsh" ones.

Leave a comment:

• DanielSQL
    replied
    It's alot to take in. I'm still learning so please.... Go easy on me. Unlike some of you I didn't come out of the womb with vast amounts of knowledge.... I jest.

I really do appreciate your responses. Even the "harsh" ones.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Hmm. Good call. Sorry. I was trying to make the point the OP has been in the forums a bit now and most IR35 articles cover SDC in the first paragraph and it pops up on here regularly so he could do with going back to some basic reading to catch up. Made it badly as usual. No more posting when drinking again I think
    Slightly badly put and posting while beering it up, or anything else, can be a disaster, however you are not alone there

However, agreed, the OP should realise he's not playing at it anymore and has a different set of responsibilities and considerations now, as he's become a director.
    I'm all for giving newbies the benefit of the doubt, however life is harsh out there and the disasters we sometimes see on here...

To me, given the length of time he has been posting on here, his lack of personal research is a concern.
    Maybe I'm just feeling my age

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    This is a safe place for newbies - I will ban NLUK and Bee if you continue with this bickering.

(NLUK: this is the Welcome area, Newbies are allowed not to understand - and Bee, try not to look like an arse).
    Hmm. Good call. Sorry. I was trying to make the point the OP has been in the forums a bit now and most IR35 articles cover SDC in the first paragraph and it pops up on here regularly so he could do with going back to some basic reading to catch up. Made it badly as usual. No more posting when drinking again I think

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    This is a safe place for newbies - I will ban NLUK and Bee if you continue with this bickering.

(NLUK: this is the Welcome area, Newbies are allowed not to understand - and Bee, try not to look like an arse).
    This could be challenge of the week.
    cojak, I love you.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Thanks.

I wouldn't say I fall under that. Should prove useful anyway..... Anyone would think the government doesn't want people to make money. Whatever happen to supporting entrepreneurs!
    They want people to make money but they want to take as much of it off you that they can

Somehow they think that they can do a better job of spending it than you can!

Watch out for the part and parcel rule as well

Leave a comment:

• DanielSQL
    replied
    Thanks.

I wouldn't say I fall under that. Should prove useful anyway..... Anyone would think the government doesn't want people to make money. Whatever happen to supporting entrepreneurs!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X