• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mortgage choices when working through Umbrella"

Collapse

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    As everyone has said it depends on the lender, best to have a broker experienced in contractor mortgages.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 22 June 2020, 20:53. Reason: URL Removed

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I spoke to John Yerou at freelance Financials about this last year. He said they can still get mortgages based on day rate even if you are with a brolly.

Just be wary though. The amount you can afford will be less via a brolly ofc.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Talk to a broker! But, technically, you're employed by the umbrella. You are not self-employed at all.

I'd go for daily rate * 220 days.

Leave a comment:

• WHoSaidthis
    started a topic Mortgage choices when working through Umbrella

Mortgage choices when working through Umbrella

Switched to Paystream (Umbrella scheme) about 2.5 months ago..going great. Still contracting at the same end client as I had previously been via my ltd company

When applying for a mortgage , do you pick employed or self employed please?

If employed, how does one calculate their annual salary from your daily rate?

Many thanks

Working...
X