• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Umbrella insurances"

Collapse

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Forget the love. Where is my bloody ipad?
    Like a nagging wife - can you get back to the ironing now you've had your say

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
    sorry much love to you all. And thanks for all the support - priceless
    Forget the love. Where is my bloody ipad?

Leave a comment:

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Hey! I recommend you loads too!

Damn favouritism that is.
    sorry much love to you all. And thanks for all the support - priceless

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
    thanking you
    Hey! I recommend you loads too!

Damn favouritism that is.

Leave a comment:

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    yeh, i know the feeling.

i don't know that the brolly can up the cover, but they should be able to.
    they'll have a bulk arrangement with the insurer.
    they want the business, best to pick your own brolly, if poss, use Lucy maybe?.

remember this first rule.

DON'T PANIC

and remember your towel.
    thanking you

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by DolanContractorGroup View Post
    If the agency/client want a higher level of insurance, then the umbrella can speak to their insurers to increase it in your specific instance. It doesn't even have to be a change across the board. Insurers may increase it without a charge.

I've had to do this in the past for certain contractors.

Thanks

Zeeshan
    Thank you, good to know.

Leave a comment:

• DolanContractorGroup
    replied
    If the agency/client want a higher level of insurance, then the umbrella can speak to their insurers to increase it in your specific instance. It doesn't even have to be a change across the board. Insurers may increase it without a charge.

I've had to do this in the past for certain contractors.

Thanks

Zeeshan

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Soz, I meant the brolly.

Ok. Not done umbrella for so long that I didn't know if they'd uplift their insurances for a pernickety client.

Yes, most likely I am overthinking. I have a habit of swinging between overanalysis and ah, feck it.
    yeh, i know the feeling.

i don't know that the brolly can up the cover, but they should be able to.
    they'll have a bulk arrangement with the insurer.
    they want the business, best to pick your own brolly, if poss, use Lucy maybe?.

remember this first rule.

DON'T PANIC

and remember your towel.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    the client, or the umbrella?
    if the brolly standard insurance is too low, take supplementary insurance (pay the brolly a bit more).
    the client can do what they like, as you should know by now.
    you're the one closest to them.
    maybe you're overthinking it?
    Soz, I meant the brolly.

Ok. Not done umbrella for so long that I didn't know if they'd uplift their insurances for a pernickety client.

Yes, most likely I am overthinking. I have a habit of swinging between overanalysis and ah, feck it.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    If a client demands a higher level of insurance than an umbrella offers, would they refuse to take on that person?
    the client, or the umbrella?
    if the brolly standard insurance is too low, take supplementary insurance (pay the brolly a bit more).
    the client can do what they like, as you should know by now.
    you're the one closest to them.
    maybe you're overthinking it?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    started a topic Umbrella insurances

Umbrella insurances

If a client demands a higher level of insurance than an umbrella offers, would they refuse to take on that person?

Working...
X