• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: An Agency's View

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "An Agency's View"

Collapse

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Indeed. Unlike your ability to settle up your tab she says.
    I'm holding out for a PS gig; I hear the rates are going to skyrocket. This time next year, Rodders.... northernladyuk is going to be a millionaire.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    She is pretty good, tbf.
    Indeed. Unlike your ability to settle up your tab she says.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    This interestingly I am also seeing private sector clients trying to entice me out of public sector roles. The rates have not been shabby at all and I am already on a fair wedge.
    No different to enticing bobs out of India. US and U.K. Corps will cherry pick the best and leave the dross for the outsourcers to manage. Sorry to break that to you.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    I learnt from the best.
    She is pretty good, tbf.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    northernladyuk concurs.
    I learnt from the best.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    If I can invoice for it I'll do it!
    northernladyuk concurs.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I thought everyone did, I have always considered him some kind of, bob a job, jack of all trades
    If I can invoice for it I'll do it!

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Yeah because everyone has the same skill set as you.
    I thought everyone did, I have always considered him some kind of, bob a job, jack of all trades

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Que?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I don't believe that's what is happening. I very much doubt they are trying to entice you out.

If you mean roles are appearing as usual and they are looking more attractive to you then fair enough.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    This interestingly I am also seeing private sector clients trying to entice me out of public sector roles. The rates have not been shabby at all and I am already on a fair wedge.
    I don't believe that's what is happening. I very much doubt they are trying to entice you out.

If you mean roles are appearing as usual and they are looking more attractive to you then fair enough.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    It's a bit silly to put the whole PS in the same boat. Although generally true, i know of some PS clients that are rather flexible on rates, know what they want and are prepared to pay for it.

The panic is starting to rise and i'm getting an increased volume of calls for PS contracts on good rates, over the otherwise quiet time of the year.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
    Certainly true the public sector doesn't respond to market pressures with rates, or if it does it is very delayed.

I remember when I first got into contracting public sector contracts tended to be higher paid than private sector ones and through the problems in 08 and 09 were a damm site more secure. That said the ex-public sector contractors I have worked with had working practices so far inside IR35 they would have needed a map and compass to get out again.
    It's a bit silly to put the whole PS in the same boat. Although generally true, i know of some PS clients that are rather flexible on rates, know what they want and are prepared to pay for it.

The panic is starting to rise and i'm getting an increased volume of calls for PS contracts on good rates, over the otherwise quiet time of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Whorty. Do you work in the PS?
    Nope. Private sector. When I worked for big 4 consulting I did some central gov projects. That was enough for me.

Leave a comment:

• youngguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
    I think opting out will give a better 'outside' score when doing the digital service assessment.

One of the questions, and I paraphrase is, "are you paid even if the work isn't correct"? As you know, not opting out means you are covered by the regulations, giving you a right to paid for time you have worked, irrespective of quality of work.
    This almost reminds me of the old BETs which said something like 'if you have ever not been paid you are def a business '. (Oh the madness)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X