• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Photo Management Software"

Collapse

• johnnymire
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    It also has a significant cost compared to Picasso. If all you want is to combine your phot libraries Picasso is probably the best bet
    +1. Lightroom is a fantastic photo editor and library organizer, but if you want to organize photos, then it is overkill. In this case, Picasa or something like MAGIX's Photo Manager could be worth considering. Reasonable and great for managing and archiving pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Mac only I'm afraid but this one is worth a mention.

PhotoReviewer

PhotoReviewer is an image handling utility for people who juggle a lot of photos. If you have a digital camera, it's not uncommon to have hundreds or even thousands of images coming into your "inbox". You need to rename them, toss the bad ones, sort the good ones, email thumbnails to friends... you need an app that can help you with your photo workflow. Apple's iPhoto is a good long-term repository, but it isn't so good at that first stage of simply coping with the flood of incoming photos. Other apps tend to be overpriced, poorly designed, cluttered, and above all, slow.
    Not only that but it's the sort of shareware we used to have. Use it and pay if satisfied. Up to 15 times @24 hours per time for the unregistered version.
    Last edited by Sysman; 20 March 2014, 12:52.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    What OS?

On OSX I Use Gemini: Best Mac Duplicate File Finder. How to Remove Dulicates on Mac OS X does all file types not just photos
    Has the simulated shredder animation driven you nuts yet?

Edit: If it does, simply switch focus to another application and the animation will cease and desist.
    Last edited by Sysman; 20 March 2014, 12:37.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Looks like a few linux tools out there:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=li...uplicate+files

Some command line shizzle as well is always good to help you learn!

Back up your tulip first though! If running command line or adding a program you don't wholly trust then I really recommend throwing a VM together, copy your photos to that and work on those only. Never only have your photos in one place, especially when doing things like trying to de-dupe them.

Let us know how you get on!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    What OS?

On OSX I Use Gemini: Best Mac Duplicate File Finder. How to Remove Dulicates on Mac OS X does all file types not just photos
    Linux or Windows if not

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I've got several gigs worth of photos taken over the years in various folders/drives. Loads of duplicates in there too from doing emergency dumps from full memory cards without bothering to check what I already had saved.

Can any of the esteemed panel recommend any Photo Management Software which will make sorting the mess out as painless as possible with (hopefully) some of the work done automatically?

TIA!

SC
    What OS?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Lightroom would do the job, and it has most of the functionality of Photoshop as well
    It also has a significant cost compared to Picasso. If all you want is to combine your phot libraries Picasso is probably the best bet

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Lightroom would do the job, and it has most of the functionality of Photoshop as well

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    After a bit more research it looks like I'll be using Picasa and Darktable

unless some can suggest something better!
    I was going to say Picasa but looks like you already have that in mind.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    After a bit more research it looks like I'll be using Picasa and Darktable

unless some can suggest something better!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    started a topic Photo Management Software

Photo Management Software

I've got several gigs worth of photos taken over the years in various folders/drives. Loads of duplicates in there too from doing emergency dumps from full memory cards without bothering to check what I already had saved.

Can any of the esteemed panel recommend any Photo Management Software which will make sorting the mess out as painless as possible with (hopefully) some of the work done automatically?

TIA!

SC

Working...
X