• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Scrum Alliance Scrum Master Certification Renewal"

Collapse

• Cenobite
    replied
    Originally posted by kal View Post
    Have renewed for another 2 years, worked out to £60, I guess its worth it just so my CV gets past the usual pimp buzzword searches
    To be pedantic do fit in with the keyword searches are you putting it in as "Certified ScrumMaster" or "Certified Scrum Master" (with a space)? The Scrum Web site and all documentation I've had can't seem to make its mind up which one it is. But if the Scrum Alliance don't know then I'd be surprised an agent would either.

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Have renewed for another 2 years, worked out to £60, I guess its worth it just so my CV gets past the usual pimp buzzword searches

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    The PSM one is better in my opinion - the level 1 test is actually very hard for anyone without real agile/scrum experience.
    It's newer so less well known, but if a cert is to mean anything at all then I think PSM is more meaningful.
    I've got an Agile PM Cert but the next one for me is the CSP.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Are you a scrum master Lockhouse? If so its a no brainer, im an agile dev so while I have worked in scrum teams for a number of years I haven't done the SM role.
    Yep, Scrum Master\Agile Coach. Amongst other things.

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I tend to point that out just where people want to buy expensive kit through the company and think it doesn't cost them anything. £100 to keep your certs up to date is a no brainer to me.
    Having thought about it and with the esteemed council of my learned fellow CUKers I am opening the padlock on my wallet and paying up tonight :-)

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Thanks for throwing me the bone woohoo , as NLUK would no doubt be at pains to inform me 80% of those $$$ come out of my pocket so I will keep my money in my pocket and not bother to renew as lets face it its a useless certification!
    I tend to point that out just where people want to buy expensive kit through the company and think it doesn't cost them anything. £100 to keep your certs up to date is a no brainer to me.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    The PSM one is better in my opinion - the level 1 test is actually very hard for anyone without real agile/scrum experience.
    It's newer so less well known, but if a cert is to mean anything at all then I think PSM is more meaningful.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    OT
    For some unknown reason if I type the word imbecile into my iPhone it auto corrects it to I'm agile...

Make of that what you will

£100 for a cert to tell people you can run an agile project seems reasonable although I'm not sure id want to tell people that I organise chaos for a living

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I keep mine up-to-date but if you don't need it, don't renew it. Less competition for me.
    Are you a scrum master Lockhouse? If so its a no brainer, im an agile dev so while I have worked in scrum teams for a number of years I haven't done the SM role.

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    As soon as you do that you know you will get a contract offer where you need it....
    Ain't that the truth! $100 = 60 quid so its a drop in the ocean...

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I keep mine up-to-date but if you don't need it, don't renew it. Less competition for me.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Thanks for throwing me the bone woohoo , as NLUK would no doubt be at pains to inform me 80% of those $$$ come out of my pocket so I will keep my money in my pocket and not bother to renew as lets face it its a useless certification!
    As soon as you do that you know you will get a contract offer where you need it....

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Well know one else has replied and I don't know anything about this at all, so I'm going to suggest you pay $100 for another 2 years. It comes out of your corp tax, so who cares.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    At the tail end of me being a permie my old employer sent me (along with the entire department) on a Scrum Master Course, cue a 2 day jolly followed by an exam (which was impossible to fail) and I became a fully certified 'Scrum Master', its now 2 years later and my certification has expired.

Those nice folks at the scrum alliance want $100 to renew my certification for another 2 years. I have never performed the Scrum Master role, although I have worked exclusively as a developer on Agile projects ever since. I am erring along the lines of not bothering as to me it seems purely like a money making exercise. They require no proof that I have indeed been performing a Scrum Master role since then. My other certifications (including Java 2 certified programmer which I got back in 2004) have no such time restriction.

What do others think, worth $100 for another 2 years or not bother as its a waste of money?
    Well know one else has replied and I don't know anything about this at all, so I'm going to suggest you pay $100 for another 2 years. It comes out of your corp tax, so who cares.

Leave a comment:

• kal
    started a topic Scrum Alliance Scrum Master Certification Renewal

Scrum Alliance Scrum Master Certification Renewal

At the tail end of me being a permie my old employer sent me (along with the entire department) on a Scrum Master Course, cue a 2 day jolly followed by an exam (which was impossible to fail) and I became a fully certified 'Scrum Master', its now 2 years later and my certification has expired.

Those nice folks at the scrum alliance want $100 to renew my certification for another 2 years. I have never performed the Scrum Master role, although I have worked exclusively as a developer on Agile projects ever since. I am erring along the lines of not bothering as to me it seems purely like a money making exercise. They require no proof that I have indeed been performing a Scrum Master role since then. My other certifications (including Java 2 certified programmer which I got back in 2004) have no such time restriction.

What do others think, worth $100 for another 2 years or not bother as its a waste of money?

Working...
X