• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Online learning resources"

Collapse

• TheDude
    replied
    Originally posted by HardSearch View Post
    Hi, I have worked many years on Java. However, last couple years I have worked on Scala.
    Now I would like to go back to Java as there are not many roles on Scala.
    I had several interview on java with coding and it is not going very well.

I am looking for Java coding courses. Can anyone advise? Thank you.
    1. If you claim many years experience and are struggling in interviews you will probably struggle to find contracts full stop.

2. If you are struggling with Java then it is no surprise you are finding Scala roles hard to come by.

Everyone has the odd disaster but consistent rejections are an issue.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by HardSearch View Post
    Maybe you should have made your forum name HardToSearch?

Leave a comment:

• HardSearch
    replied
    Hi, I have worked many years on Java. However, last couple years I have worked on Scala.
    Now I would like to go back to Java as there are not many roles on Scala.
    I had several interview on java with coding and it is not going very well.

Leave a comment:

• DocJ
    replied
    Python, Jupyter notebooks, data science, machine learning
    https://www.kaggle.com/

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Not a techy course but still useful.

Stamp Out Spiking have a paid for course and a free 20 minute overview of the things to be aware of around drink spiking. It's aimed at people who work in hospitality locations but wider awareness can never be a bad thing.

https://stampoutspiking.org/training/

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by maxthecontractor
    Not sure if resources from inbound marketing are useful but I've been taking a look at sales as a whole if ever I will start a business. Been taking courses on HubSpot Academy to expand my knowledge about sales automation (this is a relatively new term so for more information about automation you can read more about it on elsewhere) inbound marketing (something you should definitely look into if you want leads to come in, and the sales pipeline in general.

Here's the link of the course: https://academy.hub-spot.com/courses/inbound-sales
    Don't trust marketing automation - the best rule of sales is to disqualify early so you focus on the people who are likely to spend money with you as you are fixing one of their current biggest issues.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Not sure how useful / good these are but Purple Griffon training have some free quizzes for a variety of different certifications that may be of interest to people who want to get an idea of maybe the language used in exams, or what sort of things they ask about:

https://purplegriffon.com/quizzes

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    A Cloud Guru an online cloud course provider is offering selected courses on Azure, AWS, GCP for free until end of February.

Here is the link if anyone is interested:

https://acloudguru.com/blog/news/wha...-february-2021

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    Pluralsight is offering 40% discount if any one is interested

Save 40% on Pluralsight

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Free books...

Free Books for Learning and Getting Started with Cloud-Native .NET Apps - Scott Hanselman

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Can anyone recommend an ITIL v4 Foundation online training course? One of those self-paced courses would be good, but needs to be decent with videos etc.

Has anyone tried the Knowledge Academy online courses? Some heavy discounts at the mo. I've only tried their classroom training before so its a bit of an unknown to me.

Cheers
    I've just signed up for this. I've used ILX courses before and found them to be quite decent.

ITIL 4 Foundation Online with Exam | E-Learning from ILX Group

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Can anyone recommend an ITIL v4 Foundation online training course? One of those self-paced courses would be good, but needs to be decent with videos etc.

Has anyone tried the Knowledge Academy online courses? Some heavy discounts at the mo. I've only tried their classroom training before so its a bit of an unknown to me.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    Get him a BBC microbit kit for about £20, it will make it a lot more fun to learn the basics.

BBC micro:bit Starter Kit — Cool Components

I've taught kids Python with these and it was big success.
    Thanks - they've a birthday soon, so that's a present sorted

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    A list of free (either free or free via discount vouchers) Udemy courses can be found here A list of nearly all free Udemy courses including vouchers - hotukdeals including some python ones.

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied
    Get him a BBC microbit kit for about £20, it will make it a lot more fun to learn the basics.

BBC micro:bit Starter Kit — Cool Components

I've taught kids Python with these and it was big success.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X