• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anonymity on the web"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    "The only privacy that's left is the inside of your head. Maybe that's enough."

HTH

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I tend to keep client type moans and stuff away from here now as it would be easy to be picked up I think.

Anyways... my friends are buying powders and pills from the silkroad on TOR these days.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Was it an interviewee?
    Nope. A colleague.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Slight aside, but I've just been identified from my posts on here....
    Was it an interviewee?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Slight aside, but I've just been identified from my posts on here....

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    TOR, FreeNet etc...
    TOR... I went into the deep web once... what is seen cannot be unseen

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Yes, but anyone who fails to search and find these for himself is unlikely to be able to use them ...
    Don't be mean.

BTW Mr Maginty I intercept your post - it's very easy to do if you know how.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    TOR, FreeNet etc...
    Yes, but anyone who fails to search and find these for himself is unlikely to be able to use them ...

Leave a comment:

• geoffreywhereveryoumaybe
    replied
    NSA surveillance: is it possible to exist online without casting a digital shadow? | Technology | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    TOR, FreeNet etc...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Dear Mr Jeffrey Samuel Maginty (born 17 March 1974 living at 5 Orchard Street, Oxford, OX10 9FG, national insurance number: JM 10 03 84 C).

The answer to your question is a resounding NO.
    I almost hope that's real to see you take such a banning...

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Dear Mr Jeffrey Samuel Maginty (born 17 March 1974 living at 5 Orchard Street, Oxford, OX10 9FG, national insurance number: JM 10 03 84 C).

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
    Is there a way to be anonymous on the web?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Boo View Post
    How do you know s/he registered under his/her real name ?

Boo
    I think you might have missed the hint of cheeky sarcasm in TF's post.

Leave a comment:

• Boo
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Registering on a forum using your real name is probably not a good start towards anonymity on the web.
    How do you know s/he registered under his/her real name ?

Boo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X