• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "ipad not reading timezone in ics file"

Collapse

• Pondlife
    replied
    Additional info: If I import the ics file into Google Calendar it displays correctly and will even sync to the ithings no probs.

I'd rather just be able to open the attached file in the email and have it work like it's supposed to though.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    started a topic ipad not reading timezone in ics file

ipad not reading timezone in ics file

I email myself an ics file of my calendar from my client's pc and then import this file onto my ipad/iphone (either as it syncs via cloud).

The issue is that it doesn't seem to be reading the timezones in the meetings correctly. The ics file has the correct timezone for each event in it but it is reading the start time/end time and assuming it's 'local' time not CET/Yank time.

I have set up the ipad to use timezone support in the Cal options. I've also done the usual of deleting then recreating the calendar and rereading the file, plus turnoff/on again bollox.

WTF am I missing here? It also doesn't seem to update changed entries.

TIA

Pondy

Working...
X