• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Playing a video from Win7 -> PS3... DRM?"

Collapse

• housetard
    replied
    I'm having the same problem and can't find a fix.

The drm videos are part of a training site I belong to and can watch them fine on my computer, but would prefer to watch them on my tv through my ps3.

i can't get it to work. has a solution been find over the past year?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    not intended to be sarcastic

Let me google that for you
    I spent about 30min Googling stuff... but I didn't know what to search for since as I said, I don't know how it works or which part isn't working. 'Transcoding' isn't a topic I'm familiar with.

Still not clear if the issue is the PS3 doesn't recognise the format, or is being blocked by DRM. It says just "unsupported video" which doesn't make this clear.
    Last edited by d000hg; 8 December 2011, 09:54.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    not intended to be sarcastic

Let me google that for you

you need to use a codec the ps3 can cope with which means transcoding (change from Blinkbox proprietary DRM enabled codec to one the ps3 supports).

Obviously you agreed not to do this in the T&Cs with Blinkbox this is provided for info only.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    started a topic Playing a video from Win7 -> PS3... DRM?

Playing a video from Win7 -> PS3... DRM?

I downloaded a video from BlinkBox to my PC. It demanded I go online to prove I was me but then played fine. I wondered about playing it on the PS3 through Win7 -> PS3 DLNA, and after some hassle got my PC visible on the PS3. I can play other video files but this one, it says "unsupported".

I don't know enough about DLNA... does this suggest the DRM is kicking in or that the actual codec is no good? How do these things work - is my PC playing the video TO the PS3, or is the PS3 simply trying to play the file from a network location (my PC)?

Thanks for any advice... my gut feeling is it's not allowed but maybe there is a solution.

Working...
X