• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Windows Phone 7

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Windows Phone 7"

Collapse

• Savo
    replied
    Hi I am no expert but managed to run Android for a few months from SD on my hd2 easily then made it the primary os, it was easy and worked well. Since Christmas I've been running WP7 with no problems at all, I phoned MS and told them I needed an activation code for my HD7 and they give me it :-) Once you find a good guide to follow the whole process becomes quite easy, I think I followed a tutorial on youtube. XDA forum is brilliant but takes a lot of reading. It is possible to have the phone dual boot WP7 and Android from a partition on the sd card. I LOVE my hd2 because of the amount of tweeking i've done on it

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    So have you got WP7 working on your HD2?
    Haven't tried yet - haven't had the time.

I wanted to get the WP7 authentication key first as didn't want a scenario where I upgraded and then couldn't get a key.

Also, I want to look at the instructions in more detail as I have a couple of other concerns/queries.

I'll update this thread when I have.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Just wanted to feedback regarding this.

I called MS Support and managed to obtain a WP7 activation code by giving them the actual IMEI number for my HTC HD2 - result.
    So have you got WP7 working on your HD2?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by NotReallyButSeriously View Post
    1) Same thing I said about the IMEI number, just ring up their support & say you need your activation number for a HD7 (Important), then quote a HD7 IMEI. They'll give you a new activation code which will work on your HD2. You might have to edit your registry to act like it is a HD7 not a HD2 but I don't remember doing it.
    2) Yep they do, not sure on Outlook, but it does include a nice email application.
    Just wanted to feedback regarding this.

I called MS Support and managed to obtain a WP7 activation code by giving them the actual IMEI number for my HTC HD2 - result.

Leave a comment:

• ee61re
    replied
    Originally posted by NotReallyButSeriously View Post
    Yes, removable storage once it's already been installed is not possible. But you can upgrade your storage by changing the SD card, it just means reinstalling the OS.
    I think a hard reset is all that is required. That causes the OS to respan across whatever storage it finds.

Most of the currently available models do not have removable cards, but one or two do, although you have to remove the battery to do so.

Leave a comment:

• NotReallyButSeriously
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I thought the WP7 spec specifically disallowed removable storage.
    Yes, removable storage once it's already been installed is not possible. But you can upgrade your storage by changing the SD card, it just means reinstalling the OS.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I thought the WP7 spec specifically disallowed removable storage.

Leave a comment:

• NotReallyButSeriously
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Do the WP7 phones have sd card slots? I looked at one on 3 but all it had was 8gb of storage and no card slot. I think the hd2 had 16gb but I could be wrong. I think I'll be getting the Samsung Galaxy 2 when it is released - my first geeky android
    Yes, well sort of. When WP7 is first installed it spans it file system over all available storage. So if you have a 16GB SD card in there when you install WP7 then you will have 16GB + whatever your phone has as standard. However if you remove the SD card the phone will fail to boot and you have to put it back in there or reinstall WP7.

A lot of cards are incompatible so it's mostly try & cross your fingers.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Do the WP7 phones have sd card slots? I looked at one on 3 but all it had was 8gb of storage and no card slot. I think the hd2 had 16gb but I could be wrong. I think I'll be getting the Samsung Galaxy 2 when it is released - my first geeky android
    AFAIK Windows 7 phones by design do not have sd card slots.
    The HD2 does as do most win mo 6.5 phones

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I can definitely recommend doing a factory reset on the phone if it's feeling a bit sluggish.
    It will take a little while to get the setup back to how you like it but the performance boost makes it worthwhile

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Do you need this info?

I think I may have a record of it somewhere.
    Just found it ta

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I forgot what the settings was to get iplayer working on the phone
    Do you need this info?

I think I may have a record of it somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I forgot what the settings was to get iplayer working on the phone

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Just did a hard reset on the phone to get it back to normal...
    I forgot how fast it was when I first got it!

Just need to set up the IMAP accounts again and I'm all done

Leave a comment:

Working...
X