• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: SEO advice

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SEO advice"

Collapse

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    This thread may help.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    We provide data rather than consultancy or advice, PM me and I'll give you a few test credits so that you could examine your competition backlink profiles - this can be very helpful in link building.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    I hate to admit it, but this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Search-Engin.../dp/0764567586 is a very good book.

I should know better as i've got a bit of experience in SEO but i read this and a few points in it were things i hadn't thought of before and after implementing them my new Plan B was getting 4x the traffic of any of my other sites.
    Going to pick that up this week, cheers for the nod. The knowledge I have got on the subject is really just from what I have got from t'internet and it would be good to have a solid foundation on the subject.

AtW: Many thanks for the offer, I would welcome the chance to get some advice from you on the subject, I think everyone on here knows you are a Simon Cowell to the subject. You ain't a Cheryl Cole though.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    I hate to admit it, but this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Search-Engin.../dp/0764567586 is a very good book.

I should know better as i've got a bit of experience in SEO but i read this and a few points in it were things i hadn't thought of before and after implementing them my new Plan B was getting 4x the traffic of any of my other sites.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    We are indeed all Spartacus. We who are about to search salute you.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I cannot see what advice I was given from AtW other than a "give me some money" sales pitch.
    I'll give it to you for free - after all we are all Spartacus?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    So you post here seeking advice, and when you get some you just start flaming and boasting that you don't need any help?

What a twonk
    I cannot see what advice I was given from AtW other than a "give me some money" sales pitch.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Well I seem to be getting 10% of those numbers and I have not pushed it like a cheap tart.

Either I underestimate my skills at SEO or you have a very high opinion of your limited abilities.

HTH
    So you post here seeking advice, and when you get some you just start flaming and boasting that you don't need any help?

What a twonk

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Well I seem to be getting 10% of those numbers and I have not pushed it like a cheap tart.

Either I underestimate my skills at SEO or you have a very high opinion of your limited abilities.

HTH
    Sounds like you don't need any help.

Next!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

HTH

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

HTH

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    How many unique hits do you get on your main search engine each day? Not the new one, the one that has been there for 6 years.
    http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/majesticseo.com

HTH

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

1. You use keyword research (Wordtracker or others) to decide which keywords you want to rank for - those would be keywords relevant to your business with a lot of searches

2. People who rank above you for those queries are your competitors.

HTH
    How many unique hits do you get on your main search engine each day? Not the new one, the one that has been there for 6 years.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    The site does not have any direct competitor

1. You use keyword research (Wordtracker or others) to decide which keywords you want to rank for - those would be keywords relevant to your business with a lot of searches

2. People who rank above you for those queries are your competitors.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    1. You know that backlinks play important role in ranking.

2. You know that you do not have backlinks.

3. Your competitors presumably do have backlinks.

4. SKA provides a cheap and relatively easy way to analyse competitor backlinks: once you know where they got them from, with what anchor text and when you can look at those sites and try to obtain backlinks as well.

Simples.

The site does not have any direct competitor, really the site sits in an area where there are hundreds of thousands of similar sites but the site is unique enough to stand out from them. It would be futile to pick a competitor and model the site's navigation from that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X