• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Online video conference / chat?"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    I have used GoogleChat for this kind of thing but I can't remember if I had to download anything (I don't think I did...)

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I believe Xenophon is the CUK expert on this kind of thing

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Found one!

www.dimdim.com

How apt!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Yes, there are millions of chat sites, but no online equivalent of video conf/chat that is private.
    So you could just nick mebeam's code and stick a password protect on the room?

BOOMED!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Maybe not a massive gap...

http://www.mebeam.com/

Have you bean searching using Majestic again???
    Yes, there are millions of chat sites, but no online equivalent of video conf/chat that is private.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Can't (don't want to install anything). There is no need as flash player has the ability to access a local webcam in browser.

There is no technological barrier I can see, just a gap in the market.
    Maybe not a massive gap...

http://www.mebeam.com/

Have you bean searching using Majestic again???
    Last edited by Moscow Mule; 12 October 2009, 11:37. Reason: Added sacrcasm

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    WebEx maybe?

I'm assuming you can't install skype?
    Can't (don't want to install anything). There is no need as flash player has the ability to access a local webcam in browser.

There is no technological barrier I can see, just a gap in the market.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Does anyone know of any online (one to one) video conference / chat websites?

I want to be able to use my webcam to interact with another person via their webcam, private to the two people concerned.

I don't want to install any software but have the webcam accessed via the Flash player in the webpage.

I can broadcast video using websites like www.justintv.com but it needs to be 2 way and private.

Can't install or rely on things like MS Messenger etc.

Any such websites, if not, another plan b.

WebEx maybe?

I'm assuming you can't install skype?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Looks like a gap in the market then, one-to-one online video chat.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Online video conference / chat?

Online video conference / chat?

Does anyone know of any online (one to one) video conference / chat websites?

I want to be able to use my webcam to interact with another person via their webcam, private to the two people concerned.

I don't want to install any software but have the webcam accessed via the Flash player in the webpage.

I can broadcast video using websites like www.justintv.com but it needs to be 2 way and private.

Can't install or rely on things like MS Messenger etc.

Any such websites, if not, another plan b.

Working...
X