• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Partition Software

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Partition Software"

Collapse

• ee61re
    replied
    GPartEd

Leave a comment:

• gables
    replied
    Another vote for EASEUS here.

Mind you I normally set up the partitions at install.....

Leave a comment:

• Addanc
    replied
    I use Parted Magic. Download the ISO, burn to CD and you are away; handled the windows file system that Vista uses with out any problems.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Good lord! You mean Vista can actually do something useful by creating some disc space that doesn't have crappy Vista on it?

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Doesn`t Windows 7 have this built in? Vista does, you can shrink a volume and create new in the space left over.

I have partition magic but haven`t used it for years now - even with XP you could set the paritions up during the OS install I think. With Vista you definatley can and I`m sure you can shirnk a partitions afterwards also and create a new particition.I find I only want to set the partitions up once then leave it like that, hence why I don`t need the aftermarket paritioning software

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    User a hex editor and write your own partition.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Have heard good things about Acronis Disk Director.

No experience of it myself.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition.

I got it from download.com and it works a treat.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Partition Magic 8 was a freebie on a cover disk some time ago, so you might be able to find a free download. Never had any problems with it, but that doesn't mean you won't.....

Leave a comment:

• chef
    started a topic Partition Software

Partition Software

ok, I've gone and bought a 500Gb Hard Disk for my laptop, installed Win 7 and all the other software I want on it and now I want to partition whats left

i.e 500gb disk, used so far say 100gb (no idea but just giving an example), want to partition disk into C and D drives both with 250Gb on each.

what software would the panel recommend?

In the past I've used PQ Magic but that was Win 98 era, Paragon's Partition Manager has been suggested but I'd just like to see if there's anything else recommended on the market

Working...
X