• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wanna listen to my ipod in my car"

Collapse

• NickNick
    replied
    Yeah, several previous cars had that, but the Mazda doesn't. The BMW even had a proper iPod dock in it.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Not that it helps but my car has a 3.5mm auxiliary input jack tucked away in the the storage space under the center armrest that I can plug my iPhone into. Doesnt charge it but I can just put it on shuffle and leave it to play.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Mr P thinks that the sound quality will be crap whichever device I choose, but at 80 mph on the M6 will you notice?
    Not with that Wankle engine making that funny noise...

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    My iDrive is perfect, car has AUX and USB ports built into the driver armrest and on screen display for the iPOD
    And I imagine you have a LHD version of the car too, which makes operating said iDrive much easier.

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    The Mazda garage will fit a Mazda approved one for a mere £300! - mind you that may be worth it if it gets wired up to all 6 speakers
    Ouch. I was going to ask at Mazda about getting one fitted. The New Mazdas come with a hard drive / CR ripping combo in em now but I wouldn't have thought that too expensive?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    My iDrive is perfect, car has AUX and USB ports built into the driver armrest and on screen display for the iPOD

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestion folks.
    My car doesn't have a tape option - so that out.
    itrip doesn't sound too good and having researched into the parrot, apparently it can be dodgy with my car (Mazda RX8)
    The Mazda garage will fit a Mazda approved one for a mere £300! - mind you that may be worth it if it gets wired up to all 6 speakers

Mr P thinks that the sound quality will be crap whichever device I choose, but at 80 mph on the M6 will you notice?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
    Yeah WHS.

My tape player works really well.
    Not into 'hifi' then.

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    Originally posted by mailric View Post
    tape with a wire attached from ebay for 2 quid, no interference.

old school.
    Yeah WHS.

My tape player works really well.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I've got an Alpine head unit with full iPod control, I fed the cable through to the glove box and just leave it in there for months on end as it also charges.

I can't think of the model number and I can't be arsed to go and look, about £150 I think.

Here's a good one where they've left out the superfluous CD player.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    My iTrip experience has varied in different cars but similar to others and even though I don't live in stinky London, I do tend to travel long distances which means you have to retune as different areas have different frequencies - currently using the "audio in" socket in the glovebox as it's more reliable but have been thinking about a better solution like the Parrot as it's just too distracting changing tracks etc - as bad as texting (so I refrain - but that means I have to keep stopping).

Leave a comment:

• mailric
    replied
    tape with a wire attached from ebay for 2 quid, no interference.

old school.

Leave a comment:

• sal626
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    We use iTrip, works well. Easy to find an empty frequency, look at the top/bottom ends. Unless you live somewhere with a thousand pirate radio stations hogging everything, I suppose?
    ...which in London there do seem to be!. Agree with others that unless you can get a clear FM channel, the sound will be pretty poor.

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    I've an iTrip and my experience is poor. The main problem I have is that for quiet stuff on the iPod, the iTrip will shut off as it thinks there is no signal. Which for me is once every five minutes in many a podcast.

There was one out there that I can't remember at the moment that was highly rated by people who use it and it also broadcast the song names on RDS. If I can remember I will edit and post the link.

Ahh, just recalled it was from Kensington, but appears to be discontinued

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Get a Parrot MKi9100 or 9200. Bluetooth phone and connector for iPhone/iPod. Have one and it's the DBs...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X