• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "numpty google question"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by TCL View Post
    brought

Sorry, I hate to nitpick but that one really annoys me.
    Tsk... didn't you know that google has to purchase every web page it displays in its search results

Leave a comment:

• TCL
    replied
    Originally posted by javacoder View Post
    Cheers for the reply. I just tried that and clicked on the first 4 or 5 pages that google bought back. Thjen I did edit->find on page. None had @override in.

What am I doing wrong?
    brought

Sorry, I hate to nitpick but that one really annoys me.

Leave a comment:

• jkoder
    replied
    Search for "override annotation". What do you need to know about this?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    It's worth searching for atoverride too as some sites will include that to get around Google.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    It looks like they ignore:
    Code:
    ! ? , . ; [ ] @ / # < > .
    except under certain circumstances (e.g. it recognises that "[email protected]" looks like an email address)

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Really appreciate the replies so far. I can see that the more posts a user has the better they are.
    *Has a keyboard / coffee interface moment*

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Many thanks! That finds me the defintion of @override which was what I was looking for!

Interestingly though the first link from google does not contain @override. I am interested (for a purely nerdy point of view) if I can get google to match the exact string? Is it impossible?

Really appreciate the replies so far. I can see that the more posts a user has the better they are.
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/members/atw.html

HTH

Leave a comment:

• javacoder
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Many thanks! That finds me the defintion of @override which was what I was looking for!

Interestingly though the first link from google does not contain @override. I am interested (for a purely nerdy point of view) if I can get google to match the exact string? Is it impossible?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Try adding Java too:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...erride%22+java

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    @ is ignored by google, it seems.

Try searching just for @ and you get no pages found...

Linky.

Leave a comment:

• javacoder
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Stick it in double quotes

"@override"
    Cheers for the reply. I just tried that and clicked on the first 4 or 5 pages that google bought back. Thjen I did edit->find on page. None had @override in.

What am I doing wrong?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I wish to search google for "@override" : but it insists on removing the @.

How can I do a search for exactly that string?

Ta.
    Stick it in double quotes

"@override"

Leave a comment:

• javacoder
    started a topic numpty google question

numpty google question

I wish to search google for "@override" : but it insists on removing the @.

How can I do a search for exactly that string?

Ta.

Working...
X