• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cctv

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cctv"

Collapse

• portseven
    replied
    Check out ZoneMinder it's an Open Source CCTV System, just get an old PC and a few cameras.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    http://www.nfh.org.uk/resources/Articles/cctv/index.php

Guidance and also some commercial links on that site. They tend to come and go like most google ads.

Leave a comment:

• where did my id go?
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    From my experience, the police aren't interested.
    Or at least, not until the day after the local paper comes out.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    Probably they would be if you gave them a video of the theft - it means that their arrest rate goes up and they've had very little work to do as you've done it all for them.

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    My wife's car and those of others have been having their tyres damaged by vandals - in the car park across the street from her office. We suspect it is post office workers who seem to think this park is their turf. So far in the last three months I have to replace two tyres and repair one flat.

I've had to advise my wife to park elsewhere...her low profile tyres arn't cheap!

I'm looking for a cheap cctv kit so I can nail the vandals and have something I can show the coppers.

Any links or tips?

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    It is directly across from her window..distance no more than 30m. I'll have a look round for some of those cheap wireless cameras.

On an unrelated topic...what do I need to make my own custom cat 5 cables. Where do I get the bit and the crimping gear.
    Got mine on ebay - cheap as chips as they say

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    These guys do some cool DVR stuff. http://www.tsigb.com/

I've seen one wired up to a cellphone and emailing jpegs whenever anyone came near the car, the car had like 16 cameras, even one in each wheel arch.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    It is directly across from her window..distance no more than 30m. I'll have a look round for some of those cheap wireless cameras.

On an unrelated topic...what do I need to make my own custom cat 5 cables. Where do I get the bit and the crimping gear.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000

cheap and should work a treat.

What distances are we talking about here?

Edit: If you can get 2 cars there and have a laptop in the boot and use the notebook version pointing at your wifes car you could get them in the act.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    started a topic Cctv

Cctv

My wife's car and those of others have been having their tyres damaged by vandals - in the car park across the street from her office. We suspect it is post office workers who seem to think this park is their turf. So far in the last three months I have to replace two tyres and repair one flat.

I've had to advise my wife to park elsewhere...her low profile tyres arn't cheap!

I'm looking for a cheap cctv kit so I can nail the vandals and have something I can show the coppers.

Any links or tips?

Working...
X