• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agent emails and Gmail"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Sending mass emails is a perennial problem even when you have a legitimate reason. Any email that is sent to a large number of people may be flagged as spam by your mail provider because it looks like spam - even if you are using a trusted service like MailChimp.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    Noticed a lot of recruitment agents emails getting marked as spam/phishing in Gmail recently.

Anyone else seeing this? Any idea why it is happening?

I haven't marked any as spam that could be causing it only for me

The same is actually happening to me and has for about a year.

The funny thing that it is an account I specifically use for agents.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    I think it's part of an ISO: agents --> spam.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Most generic agent emails are fishing.

Is it sent to you directly?
    Are you on BCC or an undisclosed mailing list?
    Does it mention you by name in the mail?
    Are they agents you speak to regularly?

If the answers are : No, Yes, No, No, then it's spam.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Maybe it's because agents spout a load of carp?

If they're sending out a spam email based on one of their "high quality" key word searches then I can understand why it would get flagged.

Not noticed anything myself but then I don't use gmail.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    started a topic Agent emails and Gmail

Agent emails and Gmail

Noticed a lot of recruitment agents emails getting marked as spam/phishing in Gmail recently.

Anyone else seeing this? Any idea why it is happening?

I haven't marked any as spam that could be causing it only for me

Working...
X