• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Better than Virgin?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    rom what I've been told once it's been screwed up it's hard to fix so it often ends up being the monthly hassle BigDataPro is complaining about.
    Yeah that's what I was wondering.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I've not seen this before, is it common to Virgin or are you stuck in a glitch in their system?

A formal complaint might be worthwhile. Otherwise... Star Link?!
    Its quite common but it only occurs when sales retention have screwed up setting up the discount.

From what I've been told once it's been screwed up it's hard to fix so it often ends up being the monthly hassle BigDataPro is complaining about.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I've not seen this before, is it common to Virgin or are you stuck in a glitch in their system?

A formal complaint might be worthwhile. Otherwise... Star Link?!

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Switch to their business broadband - that doesn't give them the chance to cheat that way.

Beyond that it depends on who is in your area as otherwise you will be back to 70mb max.
    That's a very good recommendation. Thanks for that.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
    Currently with Virgin Media for the past few years. Paying approx. £36/mo for 300 mbps. Problem with them is that 10 out of 12 months they increase few ££'s sneakily in spite of having a contract at that rate. We have to call customer service to remind them of the deal they agreed to get it corrected. Wify is getting annoyed having to be on the blower to rectify the "error" every month.

Any recommendations for a better provider in the West Midlands?
    Switch to their business broadband - that doesn't give them the chance to cheat that way.

Beyond that it depends on who is in your area as otherwise you will be back to 70mb max.

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    started a topic Better than Virgin?

Better than Virgin?

Currently with Virgin Media for the past few years. Paying approx. £36/mo for 300 mbps. Problem with them is that 10 out of 12 months they increase few ££'s sneakily in spite of having a contract at that rate. We have to call customer service to remind them of the deal they agreed to get it corrected. Wify is getting annoyed having to be on the blower to rectify the "error" every month.

Any recommendations for a better provider in the West Midlands?

Working...
X