• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Microsoft endpoint management service Intune?"

Collapse

• Destiny2
    replied
    How does the actual enrolment happen?
    Do you enable an account for Intune? And, then the user goes to a website, logs in with those credentials and bam, your device is enrolled in Intune?

Is it different to Airwatch?

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    How does intune work with running your work enviroment in a VM enviroment? Could that be an option?
    VMs work just fine.

Also. Mac/Windows/iOS/Android all work as long as they have policies set to enrol to.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    How does intune work with running your work enviroment in a VM enviroment? Could that be an option?

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    New gig will let me use my laptop (inside so let's avoid those comments) if I enrol in their Device Management tool, looks on the surface to be ok, but anyone got any first hand experience?

What info can your company see when you enroll your device? | Microsoft Docs
    I have deployed Intune in various guises.

It will be fine, although if they set you as a corporate device (controlled on Intune portal) it does give them the ability to remote wipe. If they have it as a personal device (default setting) they will be able to wipe their company data without trashing yours. It sounds like they have a BYOD policy so you should be fine.

Make a backup of your data.....

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Has your limited company given you permission to use it's resources for personal gain? How much is the BiK on that?
    Cockwomble!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Has your limited company given you permission to use it's resources for personal gain? How much is the BiK on that?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    You might also want to be aware of this:

Installing the Company Portal app for macOS | Microsoft Docs

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    started a topic Microsoft endpoint management service Intune?

Microsoft endpoint management service Intune?

New gig will let me use my laptop (inside so let's avoid those comments) if I enrol in their Device Management tool, looks on the surface to be ok, but anyone got any first hand experience?

What info can your company see when you enroll your device? | Microsoft Docs

Working...
X