• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Teams query

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Teams query"

Collapse

• rogerfederer
    replied
    Microsoft provide a Linux Teams package, but it's bloatware and fit for the bin. One guy has made a web-browser package that installs as an app and only loads the modules necessary for the Teams features to work.

You can boot from Ubuntu or Mint Linux, run within your chosen virtualisation software or other means and I have found it to be excellent. You can find it on GitHub:

GitHub - IsmaelMartinez/teams-for-linux: Unofficial Microsoft Teams for Linux client

It's easy to create a virtual desktop or boot install with your chosen Linux flavour with all your video conference apps and it seamlessly works whilst using your main operating system desktop. There's even a OneDrive command script install, also on GitHub, that makes business shared drive integrations easy:

Releases . abraunegg/onedrive . GitHub

Having experienced some problems with Zoom on Windows I grew increasingly aggravated until switching to Ubuntu and using these packages. As a bonus your computer will run faster and you can worry less about viruses and malware.

Leave a comment:

• SteelyDan
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    If it's ad-hoc, why not just use it in a browser?
    Yep, thanks SM & QH, I've just managed to do that. One problem was my not allowing third party cookies, so seems to be sorted now. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    If it's ad-hoc, why not just use it in a browser?

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Don't recall any issues I had installing the Desktop Teams app. I may have had to sign in with my MPN account and dl from there.

This any help?

qh

Leave a comment:

• SteelyDan
    started a topic Teams query

Teams query

I'm struggling with this so thought I'd ask on here.
    Am trying to get Teams on my desktop. It's for those occasions when I might need to do a Teams chat/interview. I have office 2019, not 365, but I can't seem to get Teams to work, & it wants to send me to the phone app (as opposed to installing on my desktop), which is not what I want. Any clues please, or is it even possible to do what I want to achieve without being part of a corporate network? TIA.
    Last edited by SteelyDan; 22 August 2020, 13:39.

Working...
X